Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Summer Obsession - Salads with Fruit!

Dinner Tonight:  Marinated Pork, Spinach Salad, Peas and Potatoes





Today was hectic, so it ended up being one big meal instead of three small ones.  But it was so worth it to have this fantastic dinner!

Salad:

Fresh Spinach
Honeydew
Blackberries
Feta
Honey-Ginger Dressing made from olive oil, fresh ginger, Amish honey, lemon juice, salt and pepper

I've been waiting for months for blackberries to be in season to try this salad and it's definitely going to be in rotation as long as blackberries are around and reasonably priced.  The flavors in this really went well together and it was super tasty!


Pork:

I marinated the pork for about 3 hours with olive oil, juice of one fresh lemon, 2 cloves of garlic, about 1  T. thyme, salt and pepper.  This was good for about two of the boneless pork chops shown above.  A friend had recommended the marinade for tenderloin, but I didn't have any on hand so I substituted the chops I was planning on stuffing.  It worked.

Peas:  Just frozen peas with a little bacon, nothing exciting, but I love peas with my baked potatoes.  I know I just said I was cutting down on white carbs, but maybe I lied.  In any case, white carbs in moderation are fine.

Overall, this was a really summery feeling meal, even though there was more than enough to feed an army.  But hey, it's Memorial Day, so maybe that's appropriate.

The Blackberry salad as well as the pork are both going to be seen again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment