Monday, March 18, 2013

Pork with Feta Cream Sauce


My husband texted me at 4:30 this afternoon to say that he'd be off work at five and he was starving.   Having settled into a 3rd shift schedule, I had just woken up.  I had found a recipe a while back on Pinterest for Chicken with Feta Cheese Sauce and had wanted to try it, but hadn't really looked over the recipe so assumed it was going to be complicated.  (You know what happens when you assume!)

We didn't have any chicken in the house, but I figured that it would work well with pork and I did have some thawed in the fridge.  The longest part of making this recipe is cooking the pork.  I chose to cook mine in the oven instead of on the stove top as I needed the burners for other things.  For the pork I just brushed it with a little olive oil, and threw on some onion powder, garlic, and basil.  Cooked at 350 for about 30 mins.

Other than that I followed the recipe as written.  I served it with a boxed curried cous-cous mix and some green beans.  My husband, who is often skeptical of anything with feta thought it tasted great and I really liked it as well.  A fine dinner in about 35 minutes from start to finish.  I can't complain about that.

You can find the recipe for this dish here:  Chicken with Feta Cheese Sauce

No comments:

Post a Comment